9.25.2012

DVD Inventory List

“I miss the Shire. I spent all my life pretending I was off somewhere else. Off with you, on one of your adventures. But my own adventure turned out to be quite different. I'm not like you, Bilbo.”

With the demise of so many video rental stores, and as I have not come into the 21st Century and signed up for Netflix  or any other online digital rental store I have a plethora of DVD's (El Guapo: Well, you told me I have a plethora. And I just would like to know if you know what a plethora is. I would not like to think that a person would tell someone he has a plethora, and then find out that that person has *no idea* what it means to have a plethora).

I've become the neighborhood rental store, minus the fee's.  I may have to re-think that.

I've lost quite a few DVD's having no idea where they ran away to.  My college kids borrow DVD's, my neighbors, I lend them out when I hear someone hasn't seen a particular favorite of mine and sometimes they never seem to make their way back home to the cupboard, not quite under the stairs.

Today's template will help you keep track of your own DVD's if you are as crazy about movies as I am!  You can find it HERE.

Write at the top where your DVD's are.  At my house they are spread out in three different spots--the family room, the basement, and my bedroom.  Hopefully this list will help you, and your family to put them back where they were in the first place so you can find them again later!

There is also a place to write in who has borrowed one of your DVD's so when you are looking in vain for that video that you "know" is in such and such a place, you can refer to above template to see who to nag to get it back!

It will take some time for you to gather your DVD's and type the information into the template, but believe me it will be worth it!  No more running up and down the stairs, looking in cupboards, boxes, closets, bedrooms, and calling all of your kids to see if they have it...oh wait...that was me.  Hopefully you are already organized!  If not I hope this will be of help!

Happy movie watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment